Thank you for your interest in Mountain View Charity Scholarships. Our application is currently closed, and we are not anticipating issuing any scholarships this year. We hope to offer scholarships again next year.
If you would like to be notified when our scholarship application opens again, please fill out this form.
Mountain View Charity offers scholarships each year to undergraduate and vocational students of two institutions: College of Eastern Idaho & Idaho State University.
We know that the best way to strengthen our southeastern Idaho community is to invest in the bright minds within it. Please tell us why we should invest in yours by filling out our application. Good luck!
How much money is available:
- Mountain View Charity will give at least $30,000 in scholarships this year.
- To date, Mountain View Charity has given $169,000 to local students at ISU and the College of Eastern Idaho.
Who is eligible?
Scholarship applicants must:
- Be enrolled full-time at Idaho State University or College of Eastern Idaho (formerly Eastern Idaho Technical College) during Fall 2020 and Spring 2021
- Be full-time undergraduate/vocational student
- Be in good academic standing (GPA of 2.0 or higher)
- Be 25 years of age or older during the calendar year when the funds are first released. For example, you must have been born no later than December 31, 1995, to be eligible for the 2020-2021 scholarship cycle.
- Provide the contact information for a former/current employer or instructor who is willing to fill out a short recommendation form
Please note that this scholarship is not available for graduate or international students.
Why did we choose to fund these particular students?
Mountain View Charity specifically funds students who are 25 years and older because they often face the most challenges in returning to school and completing their education. We hope our funds make that process a little easier.
Mountain View Charity is 100% rooted in this community. We hope that our funds will help local scholars to invest in themselves, and in return, they will return that investment to our local communities when they finish their education. Our ideal candidate expresses clear educational goals as well as a strong motivation to change their own lives and the lives of others within the SE Idaho region.
How are our scholarship winners chosen?
- Each application and reference have all identifying information removed, so the entire rating process is anonymous.
- Anonymous applications and references are numerically scored according to the rubric shown below. It is highly recommended that you read the rubric and write your answers to best fit its criteria.
- Each application and reference is read and scored by three committee members.
- The applications are broken into three main categories: ISU academic, ISU vocational, and CEI.
- Traditionally, we have given an equal number of scholarships to each program, though we may choose to allocate them differently depending on the applications received.
- The top applicants in each category with the highest average scores are granted scholarships.
- On average, we have offered scholarships to 25-33% of applicants. Of course, this number varies depending on the number of applications received.
- We will notify the winners by phone call and by email. Scholarship winners will be required to fill out an acceptance form via email.
How are funds distributed?
- Money is given directly to ISU and CEI. They verify that all the academic conditions have been met before releasing funds to the students.
- Funds are evenly distributed between fall and spring semesters.
Your application is evaluated by the following rubric. We highly recommend reading through it as you write your answers.
Need further information?
If you have any questions, need further assistance, or wish to get more information about how you can help fund local scholars, please email Amy Brumfield at email@example.com. Mountain View Charity wants to invest in you and your education!
Idaho State University Students ONLY - Apply below